Skullcandy provides a good selection of trendy headphones that fit your taste, style, and desires in several exclusive colors. Sports phones and game headphones are now available at an affordable price. But you have bought a new pair of Skullcandy headphones and are having difficulty connecting them. We can solve these issues for all wireless headphones/earphones. There are specific models and, in general, reset steps specifically for Skullcandy equipment here. Follow these steps to reset your Skullcandy headphones, and you’ll be good to go.
How to reset skullcandy headphones? Explained
For actual wireless earbuds, the only difficulty is to make sure the headphones are paired with each other correctly. Often you will accidentally remove the buds and alter their paired status. Don’t panic, because a quick repair is open!
The general method to reset for Skullcandy headphones
If the steps above have been taken and you still do not connect to your computer, attempt to reset Skullcandy headboards or speakers. You will hear two quick beeps (5 seconds or so), click the up and down buttons simultaneously on the headphones. Keep the middle and the volume button on for speakers before two quick beeps are heard. It replaces any old Bluetooth connections and will allow the pairing process to be restarted once more.
For Skullcandy, it varies a bit for different products. However, it is just a matter of different buttons.
- Turn off your headphones.
- Hold Volume + & center or power button for up to 5 seconds to reset the paired list.
- Remove the devices turn it on again.
- It is ready to pair, so choose the desired device and enjoy it.
How to reset IndyTM Wireless Skullcandy
Usually, people have difficulty with actual wireless audio; the Bluetooth pairing is generally linked. If your system is having problems connecting to IndyTM Wireless, here is how you reset IndyTM Wireless to fix pairing problems:
- In the charging case, place your wireless IndyTM earbuds.
- Remove/forget Wireless IndyTM from the list of paired systems.
- Turn Bluetooth mode on and off (mobile or computer) in your system as double-check.
- Only turn on the right Indy™ wireless earbud. It will be automatically done by removing it from the case. At this stage, it will be in an unlinked state.
- Tap the earbud core four times. It will power off the earbud and reset it automatically. When the light on the earbud turns red, you will know this is effective. Repeat this step if the light doesn’t turn red and do it until the light becomes red. After successfully doing so, put it back in the case.
- Now take out the left earbud and repeat these same steps (4 and 5).
- Now, take both of them out from the case to power on immediately and start pairing.
- You will hear one beep, signaling that the buds have connected, and then a voice prompt that informs you IndyTM Wireless is now pairing, which means your it is searching for your device to make a Bluetooth connection.
- Turn the Bluetooth mode of your system on and repair it.
How to reset PUSHTM ULTRA Skullcandy
To make it easy to patch, please unpaired your Bluetooth system list or forget your PUSHTM ULTRA. Remove them from the case the PUSHTM ULTRA and turn them OFF manually:
- Press the hold Power / MFB button for six seconds on both of the earbuds.
- Both the earbuds will be turned off, and now you can start to reset them.
- To reset them completely, press and hold the Power/MFB button for ten seconds for both the earbuds (this will make them go in a loop of on and off).
- Now you have to pair both of the buds again.
- Return the earbuds in the case until they display red on both LEDs, then take them out.
- Both buds will power on, and the LED will show blue simultaneously, thus syncing.
- The tone signaled by the synchronization means that it is useful, and red/blue is blinked by the left bud only.
- Turn on Bluetooth for your computer and check for PUSHTM ULTRA on your Bluetooth device list. Make sure that it appears only once, then select it.
- Essential – Choose both the prompts as ‘pair’ and ‘Ok.’
- A sound alert will then inform you of “Linked” once paired, and both earbuds will be in the “Paired devices.”
Some systems have intelligent power control to disable Bluetooth when the amount of the battery is too low. Make sure your phone or tablet does have enough battery or power.
These specific and general fixes will most likely solve any issues you are facing. Resetting your wireless earbuds/headphones after some time is always a wise choice as it ensures that they have fewer data to save and hence have fewer problems. Sometimes that data might get corrupted, and resetting your headset solves this problem most of the time.
🏆 The general method to reset for Skullcandy headphones?
You will hear two quick beeps (5 seconds or so), click the up and down buttons simultaneously...
🔍 How to reset IndyTM Wireless Skullcandy?
f your system is having problems connecting to IndyTM Wireless, here is how you reset IndyTM Wireless to fix pairing problems...
🤔 How to reset PUSHTM ULTRA Skullcandy?
Remove them from the case the PUSHTM ULTRA and turn them OFF manually...