Muffling of audios and sound notes is a significant effect. Sometimes, it is the desire of music lovers to get a muffled sound. On the other hand, muffling of sound is also observable in different movies or films.
If you are fond of watching movies, you might have observed that sometimes the sounds or voice notes appear to be very sparse. It is due to the muffling of sounds. A silencer used with a gun helps to weaken or dampen the sound. It is also muffling in simple words.
What is the Muffling of Sounds?
Muffling is an audio effect that sound lovers use to make the voice very distant. After applying this effect, the sound appears like coming from the depth of water. When you muffle the sound, you feel like speakers are present in another room.
So, a different experience of music listening is enjoyable after muffling the sounds. In technical terms, muffling is all about making your music or tunes from high-frequency sounds.
How to Make an Audio or Sound Muffled?
Muffling sounds are very advantageous sometimes. For example, you want to play audio tracks of very high sound intensity simultaneously, so you can use the muffling effect to damp the background noises. In this way, you make the audio clips very serene and gentle.
One of the best methods to muffle or blur the sound is the application of an EQ curve. To apply this, all you need is a low pass filter.
Using Low Pass Filters
Low pass filters are the special filters. These only permit the sounds of low frequency to pass through them. You can set the filters to a specific value of frequency. The sounds above this value of frequency will never pass through the filter, and you will get a muffled sound.
When you listen to an un-muffled sound, you will notice the pristine and metallic sounds in the voice notes. But after muffling the sounds, it will appear as that the sound is coming from another room.
So, you can equalize the vocals, and you will get this effect.
Using the Audacity
You can get this lovable effect with audacity. A smoother and appreciable vocal equalization is present in the app. Follow the given steps to enjoy the softened sounds.
- Click on the “File” tab after opening the app. A dropdown menu will open. Select the option of “Open Tab.”
- In this tab, you will get the list of tracks present on your computer’s disk or the device you are using. You can apply the muffling effect on all of these tracks.
- Select the file on which you want to apply the effect, then press OK to confirm the muffling.
- Pressing the OK will transfer the audio track to the main interface of the audacity.
- Now, you can apply all types of effects to the sound clip. A wide range of audio-altering filters is available in the audacity to give you a better listening experience. You will get a crystal-clear and top-notch sound quality.
- The preliminary step is the removal of all background sounds like noise or annoying voices, to get perfect muffled audio,
- After getting done, you can muffle your sound to get the best results.
- Select the part of the sound you want to apply the effect. You can make an easy selection on the screen by scrolling the bars. After doing this, select the tab of sound-effects.
- In the tab of effects, a dropdown menu will show you a wide range of sound effects.
- You can select other effects also from the dropdown menu. But as we are talking about the muffling of sounds to get a distant voice. It would be best if you opted for the option of low pass filters.
- You can select the allowable frequency range or threshold frequency on the app.
- The option of adjusting the sound intensity is also available in the audacity.
- To get the best effect, you need to adjust the sound intensity to 24 decibels. Moreover, the cut-off frequency must be about 1500 hertz. This combination will let you enjoy a premium quality muffled sound.
- After doing all this, remove the background disturbing noises from your music to get a sound of high fidelity and purity.
So, in this way, you can use the use audacity app for getting the best-muffled sound. Other software is also available which will get you the same thing, like, Pocket Band and Adobe Audition. So, using this software, you will be able to enjoy sweet and gentle music.
However, audacity is our best pick as it has smoother and faster mixing, recording, normalizing, and altering abilities. If you want to get a detailed and visual aid regarding the muffling of sound, you should go for this video:
? How to make an audio or sound muffled?
In this way, you make the audio clips very serene and gentle. One of the best methods to muffle or blur the sound is..
? What is the muffling of sounds?
When you muffle the sound, you feel like speakers are present in another room. So, a different experience of..
? Using Low pass filters
The sounds above this value of frequency will never pass through the filter, and you will get a muffled sound. When you listen to an un-muffled..