Bose in-ear headphones and headsets may seem costly, but they are made for superior performance. If you feel that their performance is declining and you are worried about spending on a new one, you are in the right place.
Your Bose in-ear headphones’ audio performance can be significantly improved by cleaning the ear tips and earbuds properly. It helps remove the debris which may accumulate to make the sound fade or cut out.
How to clean bose headphones? Explained
Are My Bose Headphones Really Dirty?
Clogged ear wax, grease, and dirt accumulate gradually on our headphones because we never bother to clean them. This accumulated grime reduces the voice performance of the headphones. No matter how expensive your headphones maybe when bought, they require proper cleaning after some time.
Once we use and put our headphones in a bag or pocket, they absorb the dirt lying on its surface. The outcome may be much more horrifying than just reduced sound – An ear infection. Earpads and wire mesh of the earbuds not only hosts dirt and grime, but they may also become a home to many bacteria.
What Is Required for Cleaning?
Cleaning the headphones is a delicate job, but thankfully it does not require anything expensive. You may find everything at home conveniently. You will require:
- Rubbing alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide
- A soft toothbrush with nylon bristles
- A small clean cloth
- Q tips/ cotton buds
How to Clean Bose Headphones at Home:
A soft cloth can clean the outer side of ear cups in an over-ear Bose Headphones dipped in soapy water.
A cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol can be used to clean the in-ear Bose headphones from outside.
How to Clean Ear tips:
- Remove the ear tips from the earbuds.
- Wash the ear tips with soapy water (use mild soap only).
- Rinse and dry thoroughly using a soft towel or cloth.
- They must be completely dried before you reattach to the earbuds.
How to Clean Silicone Covers:
- Silicon covers can be removed easily from the headphone.
- Soak in warm, soapy water for few minutes.
- Rub them gently with a cotton swab to remove the debris present on it.
- Rinse properly and allow them to dry completely before reattaching.
How to Clean Ear Buds:
- Separate the ear tips from the earbuds.
- Gently scrub the mesh screens using a soft dry cloth or soft brush.
- Make sure that you do not put the ear wax into the mesh surface or porthole.
- If the wax does not get off, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to detach it.
- Wipe with the bud properly.
How to Clean the Mesh Screen:
- Before reattaching the tips to the earbuds, gently clean the earbud with hydrogen peroxide (max concentration should be no more than 3%).
- Apply a small amount to a tissue or a dry cloth for cleaning the earbud.
- Make sure the hydrogen peroxide does not reach the open port on the earbud.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the wax on the earbuds softens.
- With the help of a toothbrush, apply hydrogen peroxide (max concentration 3%) on the mesh screen and wait until the ear wax softens.
- Remove the wax by gently rubbing the toothbrush, while preventing it from entering the open port on the earbud.
- Clean and dry the mesh surface gently.
- Install the ear tips again.
How to get sweat smell out of Bose Headphones?
Are you using your “Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones” for your workouts? Your sweat will eventually destroy them. Electronics get deteriorated by moisture if continuously exposed. The salt present in sweat destroys the cushioning of headphones.
Once the headphones start smelling, you feel it disgusting to use them. Smell indicates bacterial growth.
It is essential to clean them properly after every use to prevent the sweat smell. Without letting the moisture in, wipe the headphones with a soft damp cloth. It will remove the oils and sweat sticking to the cushions. You may use a dish detergent dissolved in water if required.
How to Clean Bose Wireless Headphones:
An advanced cleaning option for wireless headphones is a “hearing aid vacuum.” This little vacuum is designed for headphones. It effectively removes all dirt and debris with the help of minute vacuum pumps.
There is no need to throw away your used Bose headphones and invest in the new ones. Enjoy the crisp and clear sound without spending anything. Clean and reuse your old Bose headphones for a better sound experience. Don’t forget to clean the headphone headband to make it appear as new.
🏆 Are My Bose Headphones Really Dirty?
Clogged ear wax, grease, and dirt accumulate gradually on our headphones because we never bother to clean them. This accumulated ...
🔍 What Is Required for Cleaning?
You may find everything at home conveniently. You will require...
🤔 How to get sweat smell out of Bose Headphones?
It is essential to clean them properly after every use to prevent the sweat smell. Without letting the moisture in...