Plex needs to be attached to a good hard drive to get the best out of it. Among many hard drives, some of the names as Western Digital Red series, Ironwolf Pro and Toshiba clearly stand out. These drives help Plex perform at best and work longer.
BEST HARD DRIVE FOR PLEX REVIEWED
The model gives a large memory storage compared to other hard drives. This hard drive mainly aims at data protection. This device usually has an attached vibration sensor that helps to protect data. The data are protected from mechanical vibrations.
This drive is very dependable. The files can easily be transferred to other devices. The device comes with an attached spindle on top and bottom. The spindle usually helps the drive to stay stable. This helps the drive to control 64 data streams together. It can work with many different software. The installing of this device is also easy and takes very less amount of time. It is compatible with almost all devices. The device is always accessible. It comes in a proper packaging. The device is wrapped in a thin bubble wrap which is inside a cardboard box and is very well protected.
- Safeguards health of the users’ data
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors keep the multi-bay vibration consistent
- Save energy and distributes correct power
- The Error Recovery control manages the effective use of the drive.
- The Seagate comes in a higher price rangeThe warranty period could be longer
- Lack of mounting holes.
Many SMBs and remote offices use the NAS system. The desktop hard drive is 3.5 inches. Its five platters can squeeze upto 1.2 TB data. It has 64 MB cache and also has 6GB SATA III connection. When the drive is formatted it can give 5.45 GB of data.
Western Digital has products that come in many different colours. Each colour product has a different usage scenario. The black range are for continuous usage for the enterprise environment. The green is for low heat output and power consumption. The blues are for affordable computers. The purple is for security camera recording systems. The red pro has vibration compensation technology that helps to increase reliability. With the help of this two to eight drives can be stacked together. This is called StabeTrac. This helps to reduce system-induced vibration and also improves read and write operations.
- The spin speed of this hard disk is around 5,400 RPM
- The disk is compatible and can manage high temperature changes
- Faster than any other average HDD drive
- Dynamic fly high technology is used and can load or unload 60000 cycles.
- Areas like the CIFS mixed 8K 70/30 workload has weaker performance
- Computer cases could be included to help install SATA cable
- Early firmware misconfiguration can be avoided
The tunnel magneto-resistive recording improves the stability of the device. It consists of ramp loading technology that protects the device from any damage caused from the transportation of the hard drive or the desktop. It has six 1 TB platter design. It has twelve heads. It contains a Windbound DDR2-800 DRAM chip. It has an internal shock sensor which usually ensures that no data is lost.
The packaging of the device is very inviting and comes with an all-round protection. There are two air pockets that are presented as protection shells. The box also contains a quick start guide and a warranty card. The drive also consists of a spindle controller. It can store photos, videos, games and designs.
- The price charged is quite low in comparison to the storage it provides
- It provides excellent performance
- It has a 7200 RPM spindle speed and consists of dual-stage actuator
- Perpendicular magnetic recording technology.
- Warranty period is just 2 years
- Very quiet in operation even if pushed hard in some benchmark.
There are many hard drives that can be used for plex. Out of all the options these three hard drives are most used by the customers. It is seen that all three head drives have high storage capacity and are easy to handle. They are also very easy to install.
FAQ: Frequent questions
? Which is the best?
SEAGATE IRONWOLF 6TB
? How did we test them?
We tested 13 products, researched 18 sources, evaluated 85 reviews and spent 7+ hours on our guide.
? What should you look at before buying?
When choosing it's best to make a decision based on the price/quality, functionality and compatibility with other devices/technologies.